St Bonaventure’s Remote Education Information
All class work and home work will all be set via Satchel One (the new name for Show My Homework):
Supplementary resources and tasks may be provided via GoogleClassroom
Who to contact?
- Login issues – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to technology / wifi – Mr P Larner (Deputy Headteacher)
- Questions with a specific task – Student to email the class teacher
- Critical Worker care – Mr P Larner (Deputy Headteacher)
- Anything else? – Email your relevant Head of Year
How are you feeling?
If you are worried about something or want to talk to someone, please see the links here
Other Useful Links
- Supporting Parents Helpfinder (Young Minds) – Young Minds have created a useful ‘Supporting Parents Helpfinder’. By answering six questions, parents can find out how to support their child’s mental health during the pandemic (and beyond). Find the help finder here: https://youngminds.org.
- When emotions explode (Young Minds) – Young Minds have also created a useful poster highlighting ways to give support to children when they have angry feelings or outbursts and may help families start a conversation and talk about each other’s feelings. Download the poster here:
- Screen Savers: Looking after your eyes, body and mind when using screens (Beacon House) – We are spending more time online than ever before, possibly sitting and working with poor posture as we use makeshift desks and chairs. There is a tendency to take fewer breaks and less exercise and this is affecting our physical well-being. Beacon House the specialist, therapeutic service for young people, families and adults have produced a series of helpful guides to help people look after their bodies while working and studying remotely. https://beaconhouse.
- For staff, parents and young people: find useful tools, apps and websites in our comprehensive list of mental health resources including support for young people who feel particularly overwhelmed by the pandemic.
- Prime Minister appoints Youth Mental Health Ambassador:
I’m delighted to announce that we have appointed @DrAlexGeorge to be our Youth Mental Health Ambassador.
Young people have sacrificed so much during this pandemic and we are going to do everything we can to support them. pic.twitter.com/2HeiwsC9lI
— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) February 3, 2021
- Parental Workshops
- How to access Google Classroom on Xbox and PlayStation
- Home-schooling: How to help your child’s online learning
- Help parents and caregivers keep kids focused, interested, and balanced while learning from home.
- How to juggle your responsibilities as a parent at home