The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS
What should I do next?
POSITIVE TEST RESULT FOR A STUDENT
During the school day – call the school reception: 020 8472 3844
After 4pm or during weekends – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note any emails send to the above account that do not relate to a positive test result will not be responded to.
Absence the following day will still be followed up as normal via SchoolComms by the school attendance officer.
- School bubble – a large group used to reduce contact between students within school
- Support bubble – a household group with an additional member (ie grandparent)
- Self-isolate – a period spend at home to avoid spreading Covid-19