St Bonaventure’s School was founded by the Franciscan Order of Friars to provide education for boys of Catholic families. The school is conducted by its governing body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its trust deed and instrument of government, and seeks at all times to be a witness to Jesus Christ.
Whenever there are more applications than places available, priority will always be given to Catholic applicants in accordance with the oversubscription criteria stated below;
Adopted, “Looked After‟ and previously “Looked After‟ children from Catholic Families.
Practising Catholic children, as determined by a Catholic Priest using the Certificate of Catholic Practice Form, who are resident in the Deanery of Newham.
Practising Catholic children, as determined by a Catholic Priest using the Certificate of Catholic Practice FormForm, who are resident outside of the boundary of the Deanery of Newham.
Other baptised Catholic children.
Any other Adopted, “Looked After‟ and previously “Looked after‟ children who are not Catholic.
Members of an Eastern Christian Church, whose application is supported by an appropriate Minister of Religion using the Reference Form for Non-Catholic Faith leaders.
Members of other Christian denominations that are members of “Churches Together in England”, whose application is supported by an appropriate Minister of Religion using the Reference Form for Non-Catholic Faith leaders.
Children of other Faith traditions, whose application is supported by an appropriate Religious Leader using the Reference Form for Non-Catholic Faith leaders.
All other applicants.
The published admission number for Year 7 is 186
Applications for places at St Bonaventure’s for Year 7 each year total around 600.
- Carefully read the “Moving From Primary To Secondary School” booklet produced by the London Borough of Newham.
- Carefully read the Determined Admission Arrangements for St Bonaventure’s these are published on the webpage.
- Ensure that you have all of the necessary forms and information.
- Attend the Open Evening. This will be published on the School Calendar, parish newsletters and the “Moving From Primary To Secondary School” booklet.
- Attend one of the Open Days. These will be published on the school website, parish newsletters and the “Moving From Primary To Secondary School” booklet.
- Seek advice from school staff if you require help to complete the documents.
- Make sure that you have all necessary forms. To ensure that your child is allocated to the most appropriate criterion you will need to complete the Common Application Form (CAF), Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and the appropriate Faith Leader Reference Form.
It is important that all forms are sent to the correct place at the correct date, so please read all instructions carefully.
If in doubt, ask the school for clarification.
The full Determined Admission Arrangements are published on the website within the Information, Policies & Procedures tab or on the Admissions page with all Documents & Forms.