St Bonaventure's School was founded by the Catholic Church to provide education for boys of Catholic families. The school is conducted by its governing body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its trust deed and instrument of government, and seeks at all times to be a witness to Jesus Christ.
Whenever there are more applications than places available, priority will always be given to Catholic applicants in accordance with the over subscription criteria stated below.
The published admission number for Year 7 is 186
Applications for places at St Bonaventure’s for Year 7 each year total around 600.
Before you complete an application for a place at St Bonaventure's it is important that you do the following;
- Carefully read the "Moving From Primary To Secondary School" booklet produced by the London Borough of Newham.
- Carefully read the Determined Admission Arrangements for St Bonaventure's these are published on the right hand side of this webpage.
- Attend the Open Evening. This will be published on the school website School Calendar, parish newsletters and the "Moving From Primary To Secondary School" booklet.
- Attend the Open Day. This will be published on the school website, parish newsletters and the "Moving From Primary To Secondary School" booklet.
- Seek advice from school staff if you require help to complete the documents.
- Make sure that you have all necessary forms. To ensure that your child is allocated to the most appropriate criterion you will need to complete the Common Application Form (CAF), Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and the appropriate Faith Leader Reference Form.
All necessary information to explain the admission process are all published on the right hand side of this webpage.
It is important that all forms are sent to the correct place at the correct date, so please read all instructions carefully.
If in doubt, ask the school for clarification.