If you require an SLE we would try and match an SLE with a leader or leaders in the school that requires support, liaising with the SLE and his or her own school’s Headteacher to confirm capacity and availability.
The type of support will vary depending on the need of the individual school. Support may be given as a one off day or may involve a longer support role.
SLEs will be monitored and held accountable for the quality of the support they provide. They will be expected to be able to evidence that their work has had a positive impact.
As a Teaching School, we are responsible for ensuring that the SLEs we have designated are providing high-quality support to others and that this support is having a positive impact. We are also responsible for reviewing the designation of any SLEs whose work does not ensure sufficiently high-quality outcomes.
To identify and monitor appropriate outcomes and impact measures for deployments, we may look at indicators such as:
- improved examination results
- improved progress within specific departments
- improved attendance
- improved Ofsted evidence
- improved behaviour/discipline
- greater progress by individual children
- reduction in in-school variation
- closing the achievement gap (particularly in relation to pupils in receipt of free school meals and vulnerable cohorts)
- improved quality of teaching and learning
- Improved team ethos/morale
- improved development of initial teacher training/newly qualified teachers
- improved views of parents, governors and others in the community
Before an SLE is deployed there would be a brokerage contract completed to outline specifically what the area of focus is, the agreed duration/scope of the deployment, funding agreement and impact indicators. We charge a fee of £250 a day for the services of one of our SLEs. This fee covers the cost of all preparation, resources and travel to and from your school.
Please contact AgnusDei@stbons.org for further information.