Teaching Internship in Physics and Mathematics
We are working with the Royal Borough Teaching School Alliance to run a four-week paid internship programme offering second year students the opportunity to be placed in a number for schools in East and West London
Agnus Dei Lead School: St Bonaventure’s School- Boleyn Rd, E7 9QD (Start and end date: (17/06/19-12/07/19)
RBTSA Lead School: The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School – Addison Rd, Holland Park, W14 8BZ (Start and end date: 24/06/19-20/07/19)
(For those applying to complete a Physics internship greater flexibility can be provided with start dates)
Participants will be receive a £300 a week bursary for the 4-week programme, a total of £1200.
Opportunities will include:
- A greater understanding of the role of a teacher
- Observing and supporting lessons
- Preparing and teaching lesson components
- Providing support to individual pupils
- Running an enrichment club
- Supporting the wider life of the school including school trips
- Visiting other schools including a primary school
To take part you will require an A level in Mathematics (and Physics if you want to teach Physics) and will be in an undergraduate degree course in Mathematics, Physics, engineering or a STEM related subject. Preference will be given to penultimate year students but all undergraduates can apply.
For those interested in applying, please complete an application form here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/internship_2019