St Bonaventure’s insists that all boys wear the correct full uniform in its entirety at all times including coming to and from school. This is all part of the high expectations that we have for our students.
Outdoor coats must not be worn inside school at any time.
All clothes should be clearly labelled with the students name.
At no time will our students be allowed to wear hooded sweatshirts, tracksuit tops or Trainers.
Ear rings, metal afro combs and jewellery are not allowed for safety reasons.
We expect all our parents to support us with our strict uniform policy. We believe that if boys dress correctly for work, they perform better in lessons. This has been proven to be right over many years of excellence.
Our uniform policy is a fundamental part of our behaviour and discipline policy. Students that fail to dress appropriately will always be issued with a consequence, the nature of the consequence will be decided by the severity of the offence and the frequency of previous offences.
Years 7 & 8
“The Brown Blazers”
- School Brown Blazer (brown with school badge).
- Plain black formal School trousers.
- Official brown ‘V’ neck school jumper.
- Plain white collared shirt. (Can be long or short sleeved)
- School tie.
- Black formal leather shoes (training shoes, suede shoes of any kind are not allowed).
- The school black coat may be worn over the School Blazer, no other coat can be worn. This coat will be compulsory for the remainder of their time in Year 7 to 11 and must be removed once inside the school building.
- The wearing of any jewellery, jeans, cords or caps is strictly forbidden.
- The only form of acceptable hat is a school woollen hat with the St Bon’s logo (available from the School Reception) and only when the weather is such that the school determines that they can be worn, this is usually from November to Easter .
Years 9, 10 & 11
“The Black Blazers”
- School Black Blazer (black with gold trim and school badge).
- Plain black School trousers (formal).
- Plain black ‘V’ neck school jumper is compulsory for Year 9, 10 and Year 11.
- Plain white collared School shirt.
- School tie.
- Black leather shoes (training shoes, suede shoes of any kind are not allowed).
- Year 9, 10 and Year 11 can only wear the official black school coat. It must be worn over the School Blazer and must be removed once inside the school building.
- The wearing of any jewellery, jeans, cords or caps is forbidden.
- The only form of acceptable hat is a school woollen hat with the St Bon’s logo (available from the School Reception), this can only be worn when the weather is deemed to be bad enough. This is usually from November to Easter.
Markings or symbols which have been cut into the scalp or eyebrows are not allowed. Shaved heads are not allowed any shorter than a Number 1 cut. Haircuts which give offence to the discipline and good order of the school or in the opinion of the Headteacher prejudice the uniform policy of the Governors are also forbidden. We accept that students wish to use their haircut to express their individuality, however they must do so within the realms of neatness.
The Headteacher reserves the right to determine when a haircut is contrary to the school uniform policy.
Boys with unsuitable haircuts will be sent home at the discretion of the Headteacher in order to amend the issue..
Mobile phones never allowed on school premises and will be confiscated if seen. Any refusal to willing pass the phone over will be dealt with as part of the School Behaviour Policy. The Head of Year may decide that the phone will only be returned to parents.
PE & Games
PE kit is part of the school uniform and must always be worn.
For Year 7, 8 and 9 from September 2016 this is a Black and Gold Rugby shirt, Black shorts and Black football socks. All students will wear the same PE kit throughout their time at St Bonaventure’s.
For Year 10 & 11 fthis consists of the Sky-Blue Rugby top or Football top, White shorts and White football socks.
Football boots & non-marking trainers as required.
The rugby shirts are only available from Lucilla’s.
Any winner of a National Sport competition may wear the relevant top but only under the instruction of the Curriculum Leader for PE.
Design Technology & Art
Our uniform supplier is:
Lucilla’s Limited, 180 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex. IGI 4TA.
Telephone: 020 8554 5133.